Ministry of the Attorney General, 720 Bay St 11th Flr, Toronto, ON M7A 2S9
Visit website to find local committee contact information
Ministry of the Attorney General 1-800-518-7901
There are no office hours.
Adolescents 12-17 years old
Offences eligible for referral include:
* Theft, possession under $5,000 (for example, shoplifting, possession of stolen property or goods)
* False pretences under $5,000 (for example, price switching)
* Mischief under $5,000 (for example, breaking a shop window)
* Causing a disturbance
* Fraud under $5,000
* False statements under $5,000
* Food, accommodation fraud
* Property offences over $5,000
* Giving a false name when arrested
* Credit card offences
* Minor assaults (schoolyard scuffles, altercations and interpersonal conflicts)
Brings together victims with young people alleged to have committed non-violent offenses and their parents to negotiate an appropriate way for the young person to make amends for his or her actions.
* Provides an increased role for victims and communities in dealing with minor offenses committed by persons who are prepared to be accountable.
Police may refer an offender to a committee before a charge is laid * Crown may refer an offender after a charge is laid * visit website to find a local committee
English; French - varies by location