211Toronto.ca is a service of Findhelp Information Services (Findhelp).
Findhelp first served the residents of Toronto in 1952 as the Community Information Centre of Metropolitan Toronto, and over the decades increased its scope by helping Ontarians in diverse ways. Current services include:
24/7 Community Information and Referral helplines
- 211 service providing Information and Referral (I&R) for callers to community and social services 24/7 for Central Region (Toronto, York Region and Durham Region), and overnight and on weekends for all the other Ontario Regions (with the exception of Dufferin-Peel): Dial 2-1-1
211 - Since 2002, Findhelp has operated its telephone helpline through the 3-digit number
To connect with us in English or French using the texting features on your cell phone, text your postal code to 21166 from Monday to Friday, 4pm-9pm EST. Standard messaging rates may apply.
- Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General’s Victim Support Line service connecting victims of crime across Ontario to a range of services: 1-888-579-2888
- Toronto Central Access Withdrawal Management intake service for five Toronto hospitals: 1-866-366-9513
- Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse Provincial Crisis and Referral Line providing access to crisis and integrated follow-up services: 1-866-887-0015
Specialized websites and directories
- 211Toronto.ca, a website of over 20,000 community, health, social and related government services - a reliable resource for anyone looking for human services in Toronto; launched in 2013 as an improved, more user-friendly version of its earlier rendition.
- Access to Professions and Trades in Ontario
- Employment Ontario Find Employment and Training Services (Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development)
- Ontario Victim Services Directory (Ministry of the Attorney General)
- United Way Toronto Directory of Services
- With a continuing commitment to professionalizing the delivery of information and referral, presentation of three foundation training workshops: Information, Referral and Communication Skills; Understanding the Human Services System; Preparation for AIRS Certification and customized sessions
To learn more about what Findhelp does, please visit http://www.findhelp.ca.
211Toronto.ca is funded by the City of Toronto and United Way Toronto.
Charitable Registration Number – 118870666RR0001